xKore - Magnum (FULL) xKore - Magnum (FULL)

I didn't even realised..

I've been absent-mindedly listening to this song repeatedly on Spotify! I mean, I only just put two and two together and realised it's xKore from Newgrounds.

8 Bit Flavour 8 Bit Flavour

8 bit fusion is on the uprise, I predict

Much respect for anyone that is trying to do something different. It's great because you don't solely use a chip tune sound; there's textural interest, and for that reason it sounds really good.

The Dark Joker The Dark Joker

Sexy as!

This is a pretty sexy track. A good full beat and the modulating synth half way through has a really nice thick sound. A nicely rounded dance track, and unlike many it doesn't get boring. The variation is subtle too, which saves the song from sudden, distracting changes. Euphonic club tune!

Nechura responds:

Cheeeeeeeers!

Internet Trolls - Ash Tarrant Internet Trolls - Ash Tarrant

Genius

This is the most genius song I've stumbled upon on Newgrounds. Way to play to your audience! I think this song deserves an animation to go with it, great work! Although, a song about trolls is pretty much praying for troll-reviews, I'm not gonna give one because this is true genius!

Monster Penicorn Monster Penicorn

Harmonically Sound

I know this isn't everyone's genre, but luckily I'm a huge Dream Theatre fan, and to me this song is harmonically sound. The only criticism I can give is that it didn't variate in the way of chords. I would also like to hear perhaps a change in tempo at some point. You could also probably get away with lengthening it too, maybe adding a middle 8 section where the music completely changes (ideal place for increase in tempo).

HumanDrumMachine responds:

Thanks for the feedback. You might like my "Short Guitar Improv". it's far from metal, but is musically much more advanced than this

Neighborhood Stalker Neighborhood Stalker

Awesome!

I like this a lot, it reminds me of 90s american Ska-Punk bands, the quality of the recording is pretty good too. It reflects a new wave of indie that's emerging in Britain, if this is your style, you could be extremely popular, I think. Least I can say is, your band must do great live sets!

Storm Flood Storm Flood

Epic

There's so much going on, but it's not muddy or anything. I love the variation, it doesn't get dull at all. There's little criticism I can give, apart from perhaps a lack of melodies, but I'm not sure that's what you're going for. Oh, and seeing as I'm playing this through a sub-woofer, some deeper bass and focus on sub synth riffs would be awesome!

Pocketpod responds:

Well, I agree in all points of your criticism. When I uploaded it I thought maybe I´ll have to work on this again.
In my opinion it has some cool ideas in it but maybe I will upload this song again when I improved it.

Thanks for your review!

prime piano prime piano

Well-Rounded

Despite meandering between only 3 chords, it works as a well-rounded song. Although there was variation surrounding the main musical ideas (particularly the 'right hand' work) I would've liked to see more variation as far as the music is concerned, not just the mix. Maybe a middle 8 or improvised section, but other than that, it's nice.

m-dmusic responds:

thx, yes i think it need more variation too

Toxic Cleopatra Toxic Cleopatra

Epic name!

I've got to rate this simply based on the epic name: Toxic Cleopatra
Can I ask what the reasoning behind this name was?

It's an interesting song too, very edgy, but it still makes harmonic sense. Engaging throughout, so good job!

stashley18 responds:

Thanks for the review! Instruments and my very silly cat inspired the title.

Hardstyle & Drum n Bass Error Hardstyle & Drum n Bass Error

Euphonic

You've got a really nice drum sound, and I love that fact it variates, at the begging, unlike many similar songs. And the break before the synth comes in was quite a nice idea too, a juxtaposition from the brutal percussion intro. The rest of the song's pretty smooth and it often changes, which stops it getting dull. If I was to suggest something, I'd ask for a sort of 'middle 8' section, where EVERYTHING changes.

DJBassAttack responds:

Cheers man, i was hoping it would work out. In ALL my songs i do, i always change it after something. I never keep the same thing going, cause like you said it does make it sound dull. I like to give you listeners something NEW, something BUZZING. And hmm, i will think about your suggestion. Cheers for the review man